If you’re like me, you ditched your landline telephone service a long time ago. Since mobile phone services have become so widespread and affordable over the past five years, most people use their mobile phone as their primary home phone.
However, there are some people that are still in transition and still have their old landline phones laying around. Perhaps you like the way your landline phone feels or perhaps it is distributed to different rooms in your home, either way there are ways to still use those old phones with your cell phone. If you are one of those people, you might be interested in a way to connect cell phone to home phone.
Connect Cell Phone to Landline via Bluetooth
There are few different products that are available for routing your cell phone calls through your home phone system or vice versa, but the most practical product seems to be the Cobra PhoneLynx Bluetooth Cell to Home Phone Connection System
The Cobra PhoneLynx works by connecting it to your landline phone and then using the bluetooth system to connect it to your cell phone. This way when a call comes in from your mobile phone you can take the call using your home phone. In addition, you can place calls using your home phone which will then be automatically routed through your cell phone.
- Allows multiple people to use a home phone system from a single cell phone account.
- If you have multiple home phone units throughout your house, it makes it a lot easier to get to a call conveniently without having to scramble to find where you put your cell phone.
- The setup to connect your mobile phone is quick and easy to do.
- The Cobra PhoneLynx only works with cell phones that have Bluetooth technology, so if your mobile phone doesn’t have that then it won’t work.
- Only one person can use a phone at one time since the cell phone number is being shared. Since people tend to be so used to using their own phones these days, this could possibly cause some confusion.
- The Bluetooth technology has a limited range up to approximately 30 feet, but this could also be affected by things like thick walls or other objects, so if you venture too far from the PhoneLynx base you could get cut off.